This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

IP SLA

We have 2 sites, at one site I can add the devices without a problem, at the other site I get a message that the switches do not support IP SLA and that I should add them manually.

But when I check it in the CLI of the switches, the IOS of the switches that I can add without a problem do not support IP SLA and the switches that I cannot add, do support IP SLA.

Could anyone help me with this. 

• To verify support for the UDP Jitter operation, perform the steps below:

1.Router> enable
    2.Router#  configure terminal
    3.Router(config)#  ip sla monitor <OperationNumber>
    4.Router(config-sla)#  type jitter dest-ipaddr <DestinationIPAddress> dest-port 17000 codec G711ULAW advantage-factor 0
    5.Router(config-sla-jitter)#  tos 184
    6.Router(config-sla-jitter)#  exit
    7.Router(config)#  ip sla monitor schedule <OperationNumber> life forever start-time now
    8.Router(config)#  exit

The <OperationNumber> should be a number that uniquely defines a destination for a given source site.

The <DestinationIPAddress> should be the IP address of the destination device.

If running these commands fail on the device, then the device does not support the UDP Jitter operation.  Also, if you want VoIP Monitor to automatically configure the devices, you must have the read/write community string specified for the device in the Orion System Manager. 

• The read/write string was already added.

I've tried those commands, but they don't work on any of the switches. Yet VoIP monitor works with some most of the switches, but not with all of them.

Could anyone explain this...

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to MINE

At this point, I'd recommend that you open a Support ticket.  If Haley's suggestion didn't work, you need help that's more interactive that we can provide here on Thwack.

• Is possible to use this tool, if you have packetcable to provide voip service,

Thanks for advance

• Hi Yellow,

I am the new Product Manager for VoIP. I'm not sure I understand your question. Can you restate?

Andy

• Cisco have two test probes for SLA

IP SLAs RTP-Based VoIP Operation

IP SLAs Analyzing VoIP Service Levels Using the UDP Jitter Operation

Which one of these test probes, are the best one for packetcable telephony

• That's probabably best answered by CableLabs.