cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: IP SLA Installation

Just to clarify, we do not support IPSLA inside an MPLS network. You must apply IPSLA to the CPE (MPLS edge). That is where you can specify which VFR to use in the IPSLA manager wizard.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

So do you mean by this that the IP SLA statistics can be gotten at the edge of the MPLS network??

I mean from PE router to PE router??

Wael Hilal

IP Planning Supervisor | IP Core Planning | Strategic Planning & Development Directorate

Phone: +970 9 2301056

Mobile: +970 59 2221056

E-Fax: +970 9 2001056

PALTEL- Palestine Telecommunications Company

P.O. Box: 1570, Nablus, Palestine

www.PALTEL.ps<http://www.paltel.ps/>

P Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary. Save a tree.

0 Kudos
Level 9

Not sure what you mean by PE router to PE router. Ipsla statitics is collected on the router you configure it, and nowhere else.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

But what do you mean by CP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Typically the PE is the edge of the MPLS network. The WAN connection from the CPE to PE is IP. The MPLS provider will only let you set up operations on the CPE, and sometimes they will not allow that if the CPE is provider managed. If this is the case you can setup the operation on the next router or switch in your LAN (as the source) and choose a router or switch on the remote LAN as the target. These should be as close to the CPE routers as possible. Specify the VRF when you setup the operation. MPLS.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Hi

The question one very important:

I have a question to ask yourself:
What commands exactly as written IPSLA?
And it is the consequence?

The question two very important:

What are the equipment that are supported by IP SLA ?

thank you
Bilel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Hi

Thank you for the response

but what are the consequences to write to operation ?

Bilel

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Bilel,

what do you mean by the consequences? IPSLA Manager uses exactly the same syntax as you would use directly through Cisco CLI.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Hi

I speak of consequence on my network architecture for IP SLA if written command, behind me I just do not take the risk that my network architecture falls.

So I'd like to know what I risk behind setting up IP SLA?

Hoping to have understood!

Bilel

0 Kudos