cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

IP SLA Installation

Hi

I want to install the IP SLA on dedicated server without other Solarwinds packages, i mean i want to put the IP SLA manager on didicated server, can i do that??

Regards

0 Kudos
64 Replies

If you by saying "putting a WAN interface" means configuring the CPE ip address IPSLA should test against Solarwinds also needs access to CPE to configure a IPSLA responder.

If Solarwinds access to CPE is not possible, add IPSLA manually using command line on routers, and add IPSLA operation Solarwinds after config is ready.

0 Kudos

Hi

So if the I want to test the CPE-to-CPE IP SLA, the CPE should be reachable through Solarwinds !!

But how this will be done while the CPEs inside VPN???

Regards

0 Kudos

By adding routing and access for Solarwinds through VPN, or configuring a new VPN for monitoring access to CPE.

You can of cource not collect monitoring data from anything your monitoring system does not have access to, that should be fairly obvious dont you think?

0 Kudos

Hi

So if it was able for Solarwinds to reach the CPE to get Ip SLA statistics, should the CPE be added to Orion as Node??? And should we Configure SNMP on the CPE??

Regards

0 Kudos

Correct, add it like any other node and add ipsla monitoring in Solarwinds after you have manually added ipsla config on same node.

0 Kudos

Hi

But how can i add the CPE as a node in the Solarwinds while it is inside VPN and has Private Ip address??

Regards

0 Kudos

By asking a network engineer to add routing and access to CPE for Solarwinds poller.

0 Kudos

Hi

Ok, now in the PE router connected to the CPE, i put the WAN interface of the VPN from the PE router, and in the operation advanced option i put the name of the vrf of the VPN; Solarwinds was able to reach that ip interface, while when i put the WAN interface of the VPN from the CPE side with the same settings; Solarwinds can't reach it!!!

Regards

0 Kudos

Sorry, I do not understand what you mean by "putting the wan interface" but if you cant reach something you add routing and access so that you can reach it.

0 Kudos

Hi

Now the CPE is connected to PE router, the PE router is added as a node on Orion, now in the wizard to add new operation you determine the source and the target, you can in advanced option add the vrf name of the VPN and add the IP address, if I put the IP address from the PE router; Solarwinds can reach it, while if I added the IP from the CPE side;Solarwinds can’t reach it although both in the same VPN!!

Wael Hilal

IP Planning Supervisor | IP Core Planning | Strategic Planning & Development Directorate

Phone: +970 9 2301056

Mobile: +970 59 2221056

E-Fax: +970 9 2001056

PALTEL- Palestine Telecommunications Company

P.O. Box: 1570, Nablus, Palestine

www.PALTEL.ps<http://www.paltel.ps/>

P Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary. Save a tree.

0 Kudos

Ok, then you need to troubleshoot why you arent able to reach CPE.

1. SNMP access added to CPE?

2. Ping and tracing using CPE source ip adresss to solarwinds ip address.

Or add IPSLA using CPE and CP routers command line interface. You then only need SNMP access to CP router from Solarwinds and start monitoring by "adding exsisting IPSLA operation" in Solarwinds.  

0 Kudos

Hi

So is this setup exist and others using it??

Regards

0 Kudos

If you mean "does it work" the answere is yes, and I am using it on many devices.

0 Kudos

Really

Even if the CPE is private IP ande Solarwinds server in Real network??

Could you plesae what are you ding exactly??in more details!

0 Kudos

1 Add snmp access for Solarwinds to CP

2. Add CP to Solarwinds as node.

3. Add IPSla monitor to CP using command line on router. Monitor to be configured with source and destination ip and VRF inside network to test.

4. Add ipsla monitor responder to to CPE using command line on router

5. Add CP node to ipsla monitoring as existing, do not add new ipsla monitor.

0 Kudos

Thanks

What do you mean here CP.

You mean even if the CPE is inside VPN it should be reachable for Solarwinds which is in real network??

Could you please clarify the last two points?

Wael Hilal

IP Planning Supervisor | IP Core Planning | Strategic Planning & Development Directorate

P Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary. Save a tree.

0 Kudos

Sorry, I meant the device you are adding ipsla to and Solarwinds have snmp connectivity to.

IP SLA Operation Wizard.jpg

0 Kudos

So at the end

Can the IP SLA operation test from CPE to CPE??? And how??

Regards

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Nice

Thanks

Wael Hilal

0 Kudos

Hi

So the operation will start from CPE to CPE?

I mean first of all the CPE should be managed by Solarwinds and should I configure snmp on the CPE???

Is this situation exist?? I mean can I consider a loopback address configured on the PE inside the VPN as end to end testing??

Regards

0 Kudos