cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: IP SLA Installation

So at the end

Can the IP SLA operation test from CPE to CPE??? And how??

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Nice

Thanks

Wael Hilal

IP Planning Supervisor | IP Core Planning | Strategic Planning & Development Directorate

Phone: +970 9 2301056

Mobile: +970 59 2221056

E-Fax: +970 9 2001056

PALTEL- Palestine Telecommunications Company

P.O. Box: 1570, Nablus, Palestine

www.PALTEL.ps<http://www.paltel.ps/>

P Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary. Save a tree.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi

So if the I want to test the CPE-to-CPE IP SLA, the CPE should be reachable through Solarwinds !!

But how this will be done while the CPEs inside VPN???

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

By adding routing and access for Solarwinds through VPN, or configuring a new VPN for monitoring access to CPE.

You can of cource not collect monitoring data from anything your monitoring system does not have access to, that should be fairly obvious dont you think?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi

So if it was able for Solarwinds to reach the CPE to get Ip SLA statistics, should the CPE be added to Orion as Node??? And should we Configure SNMP on the CPE??

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Correct, add it like any other node and add ipsla monitoring in Solarwinds after you have manually added ipsla config on same node.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi

But how can i add the CPE as a node in the Solarwinds while it is inside VPN and has Private Ip address??

Regards

0 Kudos
Level 9

By asking a network engineer to add routing and access to CPE for Solarwinds poller.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi

Ok, now in the PE router connected to the CPE, i put the WAN interface of the VPN from the PE router, and in the operation advanced option i put the name of the vrf of the VPN; Solarwinds was able to reach that ip interface, while when i put the WAN interface of the VPN from the CPE side with the same settings; Solarwinds can't reach it!!!

Regards

0 Kudos