cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Error Msg for 2 Devices....

I get the following error msg when I try to add the following to VOIP Manger.

10/26/2007 4:39 PMError "ERROR_TIMEOUT" occurred during polling VoIP Call Path Kenway - Core 1->Bloor - 20th Floor (simulation node adp_core1.net.adp.ca [10.144.1.1])

I have gotten almost 500 of these msg within the last 3 hours, once I remove the device I have no issue. All other devices work as expected.

Has anyone else gotten this error msg before? or what does it mean?

TIA Malvado 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Level 13

I'm curious as to the explanation for this, as we are seeing the same error messages. I assumed it meant that for some reason the connection between the server and the initiating IP SLA device timed out.

0 Kudos

Ticket has been opened with support . Case #22704

TIA.

0 Kudos

I see that a recommendation for installing the hotfix was provided by support.  Please let us know if this does not resolve the issue.

0 Kudos

Hot fix has already been applied.. (how to ensure the how fix was applied correctly?)

As for their other recommendation these devices are not timing out,  The 2 that are having issue are Cisco 3800 Router using Gig interface connected to 155 Mb MPLS  network the switches behind these 2 routers do not time out, only the 2 routers do.

0 Kudos

We're running 8.5.1 with HF2, and we're seeing this behavior as well.

0 Kudos

I have been back and forth  few times with support on this, I have sent off the diagnostics file to them and now just waiting to hear what they have to say.

Once I do I will update you on the fix. 

0 Kudos

What appears to be causing this issue is that the device's SNMP agent is busy. The load on the device and the load on it's SNMP agent are not really related. Most devices run management communication (such as SNMP) at a lower priority. Currently in VoIP we don't provide a way for the user to set the SNMP retries and timeout. We will check into possibly providing a hotfix that uses the fine tuning from Orion for SNMP retries and timeout.

0 Kudos

That would be great, I would love to get rid of the 10K with of error msg that this produces everyday.

0 Kudos
Level 9

I recommend opening a ticket with support at https://forms.netsuite.com/app/site/crm/externalcasepage.nl?compid=638609&formid=12&h=3d0552f20b2e9b... and include the dianostics file with the details.

0 Kudos