This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alert on Registration Status

Hello there.

I'm trying to set up an alert that will notify when particular phones go into any state other than registered. Right now we're doing this by adding the MAC address of each phone into the alert and monitoring the status. This becomes very unwieldy due to the large number of MAC addresses we're working with. Is there a better way to get this data?

• Is there something in the phone name that in the alert you could use a contains or start with statement?

• Unfortunately, no. Our naming scheme didn't allow for something like that. I did find a solution though. I created a Custom SWQL Alert, and set the SWQL condition to VOIP Phone. Then added this as the statement.

WHERE (Name LIKE 'SEPXXXXXXXXX'

OR Name LIKE 'SEPXXXXXXXXX'

OR Name LIKE 'ATAXXXXXXXXX')

AND Name NOT IN

(SELECT Name

FROM Orion.IpSla.CCMPhones

WHERE Status = 2)

I was forced to do a SWQL alert because I found that if I just tried to alert off of the 'Status' of the phone that it wouldn't compare the Status of a phone in multiple call managers. This made the alert quite unreliable as there were multiple results in the database (Up to four - one for each call manager) and from what I can see it only evaluated the first result for each phone.

• Nice! I've been trying to figure out if there's a way to use this query against a specific set of call manager nodes so that I only generate alerts for a specific customer. Do you know of any easy way to build that into the query? I'm afraid my SWQL/SQL skills are lacking.

• whereartthou​ I think this may work for you. **Disclaimer** no promises emoticons_happy.png

INNER JOIN Orion.IpSla.CCMMonitoring ON CCMMonitoring.ID = CCMPhones.CCMMonitoringID

WHERE (Caption LIKE 'XXXXXXXXXX'

OR Caption LIKE 'XXXXXXXXXX'

OR Caption LIKE 'XXXXXXXXXX')

AND

(Name LIKE 'SEPXXXXXXXXXXXX'

OR Name LIKE 'SEPXXXXXXXXXXX'

OR Name LIKE 'SEPXXXXXXXXXXX')

AND Name NOT IN

(SELECT Name

FROM Orion.IpSla.CCMPhones

WHERE Status = 2)

For caption put in the name of your call manager nodes that you want to alert against. I've also found that this alert will trigger multiple times on the same phone for each call manager that the phone is unregistered from, so aggregating alerts is a must.