This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Adding bulk operations?

Any way to add bulk operations?  Currently I have to add each operation using the custom operation and I have to click on each node and the responder.  I have 1000 nodes and it takes forever to get through the list.  Any ideas?

• All we have is in the custom wizard.

I'm sure you have seen this but what I would do is use the fully meshed type, then use "select all" link in the wizard, for sce and dest nodes, then unselect the unwanted operations in the "review" step (yes, there will be some clicking there too...)

I have created an enhancement request to support a file-based creation of operations (53539)

• Hi jedi755,

responder node is still the same for all of your operations? Then you can use following workaround:

- use Hub and Spoke topology

- select your responder node as Source

- select target nodes

- set operation properties

- on the Review wizard page, sort grid by Source, select all operations which has your responder as Source and delete them

This is not perfect, but I hope this helps.

Regards,

Robert

• Thanks guys that does help, although not perfect.  It would be great if you added an advanced operation type where you could add the same responder or if you just apply a single operation to a large number of nodes at once since they are identical.  Sort of the reverse of the hub and spoke option.

Thanks!

• Because the source and targets are not the same, it's not really the same operation.  That's what is going to make it tricky.

As for the responder, that's just a simple config command to turn on the responder on the target machine.  IP SLA manager should also be turning this on for you if we have the RW creds to the target.  If not and you want to push a config command (snippet) something such as NCM or Kiwi cattools would easily do this for you in bulk.

For clarification, responders get configured on the target machines, not the source (unless they are targets for an operation on another device).