This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

"VM memory swap" alert active on low memory usage guest

I have one VM that has been flagged for the "VM memory swap" alert since installing Hyper9. Yet the guest has more memory than it has every needed, such that it is also flagged for the "VM memory rightsize" because it is only using ~3% average mem. vSphere Client corroborates the low mem usage, so I'm puzzled why Hyper9 is seeing ~26% mem swap.

I'm trying to check via esxtop in the vSphere PowerCLI (it's on an ESXi 4.1 host), but the syntax is stumping me, so I'm coming here. If I get an extra data there, I'll append it.

Any help would be appreciated so I can clear that alert (or figure out what's up with the VM). The VM is a Linux-based PGP server with the latest VMware Tools installed.

• Looks like we found a process of the VM that is swapping. We've yet to figure out what this specific MemClientID represents (there are roughly 75 MemClientID's per VM guest), but that seems to be what Hyper9 is alerting about.

MemClientID     : 10066
    CurrentSwapInKB : 1107576
    ToBeSwappedInKB : 1067564
    SwapReadInKB    : 679256
    SwapWriteInKB   : 1143032