This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Why ESX host operational status showing Not Responding ?

Hi Team,

I checked my ESX hosts showing operational status showing not responding. please find the below SS.

SNMP test successful and everything is fine. we are using VMWARE -7.1

CPU and Memory data not available in reports. please help to me.

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks and Regards,

Kishore.

• kishore574  wrote:

Hi Team,

I checked my ESX hosts showing operational status showing not responding. please find the below SS.

SNMP test successful and everything is fine. we are using VMWARE -7.1

CPU and Memory data not available in reports. please help to me.

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks and Regards,

Kishore.

How are you polling this data? via the ESXi host directly or through a vCenter? If so, then SNMP is not usually what is configured to grab data because we prefer that you utilize our ability to poll against the VMware API.

• Hi serena,

Thanks for prompt response. we are using polling method SNMP. ESX hosts connected in Vmware.

Regards,

Kishore.

• kishore574  wrote:

Hi serena

Thanks for prompt response. we are using polling method SNMP. ESX hosts connected in Vmware.

Regards,

Kishore.

Is there a reason why you would choose this method of polling? The best virtualization data is available by the recommended method of polling which can be set up using the following wizard.

pastedImage_3.jpg

pastedImage_4.png