This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Virtualization Manager - generate reports for all VMs

Hi All,

Is it possible to generate a report for Memory, CPU, and Disk Utilization of all VMs in Virtualization Manager?

Thank you very much.

• Hi,

it is possible. You can follow the steps below:

1. go to Reporting - Data Export module, choose "VM" as Item Type and Search Query = *

2. on the right pane select Load Template and choose "VM Resource usage Report Template", or add desired attributes manually by "Add Attribute" button, i.e.
    pastedImage_0.png

3. by pressing the "Run Export" button the export starts. As soon as it finishes, you can download the report and also configure the report to schedule creation periodically or to send results via email.

All reports are stored in Explore - Content module.

For further info please see VMAN Admin manual (Reporting chapter).

• Hi Milan_Volejnik​,

Thank you so much. What if I want to generate the data for the last 3 months? Is it possible?

• Well, in this case I'd recommend to export data  from chart:

VMAN_chart_save_report.png

This option is suitable for small amount of VMs. If you want to have a report containing all VMs then I'd suggest that you integrate VMAN with Orion. Here's a brief overview of a report:

pastedImage_3.png

Last option is to export data from VMAN via PowerCLI (info here).