cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 14

VMs not showing as "Orion managed"

Jump to solution

I have a slew of VMs that for some reason are showing up as not being managed by Orion when they really are. For instance, here's the details page for a VM in our environment:

pastedImage_0.png

We're running Hyper-V on Windows 2012 R2 Datacenter. This VM is, in fact, in Orion as a managed node. I've tried removing one of these nodes and adding it by clicking on this specific button, but as I suspected, it didn't change anything. Is there something I am missing here? I'd really like the various pages and sections all linked together like I see with other VMs that seem to work fine.

EDIT: It seems like all the VMs that are experiencing this behavior are non-Windows VMs. I did check and most of them have the Linux Integration Services for Hyper-V installed.

1 Solution
Level 14

Just to follow-up on this, the issue actually turned out to be pretty stupid. The hosts in question had, at some point, been rebuilt, but SNMP was not installed on them. As such, while they were technically "Up" in Orion, nothing was actually being monitored on them. Once SNMP was installed and configured, the problem obviously went away.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 14

Just to follow-up on this, the issue actually turned out to be pretty stupid. The hosts in question had, at some point, been rebuilt, but SNMP was not installed on them. As such, while they were technically "Up" in Orion, nothing was actually being monitored on them. Once SNMP was installed and configured, the problem obviously went away.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 11

Hi, this could be actually caused by a known issue. Please make sure that you are using latest versions (VIM 2.1.1 and VMAN 6.3.1) and apply hotfix which was recently released "Virtualization Manager Orion Module v2.1.1 - Hot Fix 1". You can find it in customer portal. If this doesn't help please open a support case for this issue.

I'm sorry to say that performing the upgrade to 6.3.1 and patching VIM did not seem to resolve the problem. I am going ahead with opening a ticket.

Ok, looks like I need to upgrade. Hopefully that's the issue. Thanks!

0 Kudos