cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

VMAN - Host Hardware Components

Jump to solution

I'm trying to dive into the hardware monitors in our virtual environment and notice there are some hardware components that are alerting a status of "yellow" or "red"; however, in vcenter and/or our UCS Manager this isn't being reported.

Where is this information gathered from and why would it report differently than vcenter and ucs manager?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Product Manager
Product Manager

elevate  wrote:

I'm trying to dive into the hardware monitors in our virtual environment and notice there are some hardware components that are alerting a status of "yellow" or "red"; however, in vcenter and/or our UCS Manager this isn't being reported.

Where is this information gathered from and why would it report differently than vcenter and ucs manager?

pastedImage_0.png

Hi David,

My colleague pointed me to this guide Troubleshooting Guide for Hardware Health for ESX host Server Polled Through vCenter - SolarWinds Wo...  which may describe the issue you're having. Can you check the MOB to verify if it's the same issue?

One caveat about this article is that Solution 2 listed in the guide is not applicable for your version of VMAN, but I want to check that you're seeing the same symptoms.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

elevate  wrote:

pastedImage_0.png

Hi David,

My colleague pointed me to this guide Troubleshooting Guide for Hardware Health for ESX host Server Polled Through vCenter - SolarWinds Wo...  which may describe the issue you're having. Can you check the MOB to verify if it's the same issue?

One caveat about this article is that Solution 2 listed in the guide is not applicable for your version of VMAN, but I want to check that you're seeing the same symptoms.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 9

Hey Serena,

That's exactly what's happening, in the MOB here is what the memory is reporting for one of our hosts.

pastedImage_0.png

That's good to know and i'll be sure to take this to VMware and see what we can do to clear these up. Really helpful to know where the information is being grabbed from!

Thank You,

David