This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

VIM_ResourcePools - what do columns represent?

We have SAM, Virtualization Manager and VMWare/vSphere/vCenter installed. I'm trying to develop a report of Resource Pool utilization using the VIM_ResourcePools table. I'm having trouble figuring out what some of the columns in that table represent. By comparing the Resource Pool configuration in vCenter, I've been able to get these:

VIM_ResourcePools ColumnResource Pool configuration value in vCenter
VIM_ResourcePools.CpuExpandableCPU Allocation Type
VIM_ResourcePools.CpuLimitCPU Limit (MHz)
VIM_ResourcePools.CpuReservationCPU Reservation (MHz)
VIM_ResourcePools.CpuShareLevelCPU Shares
VIM_ResourcePools.CpuShareCountCPU Shares Value
VIM_ResourcePools.MemExpandableMemory Allocation Type
VIM_ResourcePools.MemLimitMemory Limit (MB)
VIM_ResourcePools.MemReservationMemory Reservation (MB)
VIM_ResourcePools.MemShareLevelMemory Shares
VIM_ResourcePools.MemShareCountMemory Shares Value

However, I can't figure out exactly what these columns represent. I've compared the reported values for my resource pools in vCenter with the values in VIM_ResourcePools, but I can't figure it out. Can someone tell me, please?

VIM_ResourcePools.CpuMaxUsage

VIM_ResourcePools.CpuOverallUsage

VIM_ResourcePools.CpuReservationUsedForVM

VIM_ResourcePools.CpuReservationUsed

VIM_ResourcePools.MemMaxUsage

VIM_ResourcePools.MemOverallUsage

VIM_ResourcePools.MemReservationUsedForVM

VIM_ResourcePools.MemReservationUsed

I know what I think they should represent, but they don't match the values in vCenter. I've tried comparing the values right after VMAN runs the configuration/performance update jobs against the vCenter, but the numbers don't even come close.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!