This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Solarwinds Recommendations Report

Good morning,

I am new to Solarwinds reporting and thwack community. I am looking for some assistance on a report I need to create  for work. I was wondering if anyone has created a report based on the Virtualization/recommendations Top 10 dashboard widgets. The report my management team would like to see is a complete list of our virtualization environment with the Solarwinds recommendations for memory, CPU and disk by virtual machine based on the Solarwinds data collected for a period of time. Any assistance to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim Jackson

• James have you tried running the out of the box Recommendations report that's provided?

pastedImage_2.jpg

pastedImage_0.jpg

You could edit this for the period of time that you're interested in. Does this have everything you're looking for?

• Selena,

Thank you for the reply. I can not see your screenshots but I think you are showing the recommendations report. So the recommendation report is an obvious choice for this request and it does provide valuable information. I have not been able to get it to generate a complete list of my environment unless the missing machines are deemed not to need changes. Also, it appears the report is sorted based on clusters and not individual machines as my management staff would like. I would think that a report that uses the minimum/maximum usage data for CPU / RAM / Storage that solarwinds collects would be easy but I have not been able to get this complete yet.

So, yes, tried it and it did not provide all of the information needed.

Thanks,

Jim

• Hello, has anyone found how to put a filter on this report so it only show certain machines and not everything?

• If you're using the recommendations view, take a look at the recommendation settings, you can use a Policy to exclude objects.

Alternatively you can use the filter on the screen.

If its the canned report, you should be able to copy it and edit it to get what you need.