This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SolarWinds License Management: Failed to get managed item count for this datasource (Vcenter server).

Hello Everybody,

I am new to SolarWinds Virtualization Manager and this is the first time I am trying to set it up.

If I run the configuration Wizard under Setup, I can go fine up to "Collection Schedules" Task. Under Collection Schedules, it shows The frequency at which the performance and configuration collection jobs run. I can change these schedules. It won't let me go further before at least 1 of the tasks is Enabled. However if I click on enable button, it shows the error "SolarWinds License Management: Failed to get managed item count for this datasource (Vcenter server)." -- Screenshot of error attached.

I would appreciate if anyone could help me in the right direction.

Thanks - Kind Regards: AG

• I'm having the same issue.

Did you ever find a solution to this?

• At first please make sure you're using the correct credentials: if you're using domain make sure that Name field contains just name and you enter domain into Domain field (Those fields are in Credentials).

If you have more vCenter servers, do you the same credentials for all of them, or credentials are different for different vCenter server?

If you are sure that credentials are correct, please contact support as we'll need a bit more information.

Thanks,

Petr