cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Skip certain volume label or drive letter in the Guest Storage Space Utilization script

Dear,

I would like to ignore the S:\ drive letter (label SWAP) from this report.

Since the pagefile is stored on that drive and the disks have been created with only a few extra 100 mb's, all my VM's are listed as being out of space.

Is this possible? 

Thanks in advance,

Erik

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Skip certain volume label or drive letter in the Guest Storage Space Utilization script

Hi there,

which report do you have a screenshot?

Thanks

Jon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Skip certain volume label or drive letter in the Guest Storage Space Utilization script

Hi,

here is it .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Hi All,

I am also very interested in removing some of the mounting point letters from the report.

As far as I remember it can be easily achieved with the "MountingPoint" parameter -> once the Sales Engeener did it for me in one minute or less, but I forget the syntax...

Could you please help us in this matter...??

Thanks,

Greg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Hi,

just a small correction: this is not Report, but Alert.

To exclude certain mounting points, configure the alert. In the Scope, where is the Search Query add "-vm.vol.mountPoint:S" (without quotes). Replace S with drive you want to exclude, this also work with for example /var/lib string.

Petr

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Hi,

Thank you for your help. It worked...:)

However I found one issue. Lets take the situation where both C:\ drive and the swap drive has its alert enabled. Like here:SolarwindSpace.png

When I use the -vm.vol.mountPoint:X also the alert for the C: drive disappears.

Is there any way to preserve the alert at the C: drive...??

Thanks,

Greg

0 Kudos
Level 7

Hi,

i wan´t to do that for a vm. Is it possible to remove a storage alert for drive letter x on a vm and drive letter y on an other vm? I do not wan´t to exclude it totaly.

Only a specific partition on a specific vm.

Frank

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

I am looking for something similar. I would like to only Monitor our D drives in our VDI environment.

Tony

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

We have this request in queue, please stay tuned and check release notes.

Petr

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Was there ever a solution for this?  We just purchased vMan and have this scenario where we want alerts on certain drives  for certain VMs not to be reported because they are always full.

0 Kudos