cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: SWQL Query tool

Hi, are you sure you are using correct username and password? Because this error shows up when VMan is unable to authenticate the account. If you are trying to log in using domain account I'd recommend to try VMan account instead, or you can try to create a new user account and use it for connection.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

That was the trick Lukas!  The local admin account that I use to log into the web console (not the individual appliances for administration via the :5480 page) worked like a champ.  Domain account definitely did not work though.

0 Kudos
Level 14

Hey chrispaap is connecting to the VMAN DB via SWQL supported?  I have a team that wants to extract some of the lineage data from VMAN (vCenter > Cluster > Host > Last known host, Host > Datastores, etc.).  Wondering if this would be better extracted from the NPM DB when we set up integration.

Thoughts?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

If you enable integration with NPM, then you should get almost all information that is available via VMan SWIS in Orion (just be aware that VMan SWIS instance only provides limited amount of data from VMan). The only exception I believe is information about LUNs and NASes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Thanks for the response.  I'll get our development team both options as getting access to the LUN data would be preferable, though using our Orion SQL DB would be a lot easier.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Hi jbiggley,

How time sensitive is this request? If it can wait, a lot of that LUN/NAS information should be available natively on the Orion DB in the next VMAN release to support E2E integration with SRM. I would hate for you guys to go build a bunch of custom code querying VMAN now and have it "the easy way" in a bit if it's not immediately required.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Awesome.  Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.  We are still in the initial scope definition stages. Knowing that the information will be available natively in the Orion DB is huge.  We'll definitely defer until the next release.  Very excited to see the increased integration, especially if I can layer SRM into the mix.

0 Kudos