This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Local Orion SAM users can't see virtual machines

We have a licensed SAM installation and a trial Virtualization Manager license. I've configured Virtualization Manager to poll my vCenters, and polling is working properly. I've enabled integration between Virtualization Manager and SAM. If I log into SAM as Admin or as an Active Directory domain user with SAM admin permissions, I can see the VMs in my device groups and in the Orion Virtualization tab.This is what I expect to see.

I created a local user in SAM. I created a group in SAM that contains nodes and VMs. I created a limitation for the local user that includes this group of devices. If I log in as the Orion local user - with or without admin permissions - I can't see any of the VMs. I have tried:

1. Giving my local user admin permissions SAM.
  2. Creating a local user with the same name and password in Virtualization Manager.
  3. Making that local user an Admin in Virtualization Manager .
  4. Reconfiguring integration between Virtualization Manager and SAM.

Should my local SAM user be able to see VMs in SAM? If so, is there some additional step or permissions I need to grant?

Thanks,

Martin

• After a lot of tweaking and testing, it looks like there were a couple of groups (groups including nodes, VMs, and sub-groups) that were breaking the display. When I removed those groups, the VMs started appearing for the end user. Any ideas why this might have happened?

Thanks.