This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

License expired, added new license but not getting email notifications of alerts

VMAN version: 7.1.0.1536

I do a configuration and performance collection daily and noticed that I stopped getting emails. It stopped around the time my license expired. Today I activated my new license, ran the collections manually, still not getting email alerts.

-I confirmed I still have an email notification configured on an alert.

-I sent a test message from SMTP configuration to the email address configured in the alert.

-Test message came through, but the emails containing all the alerts are not being sent.

What am I missing here?

• wyldkat  wrote:

VMAN version: 7.1.0.1536

I do a configuration and performance collection daily and noticed that I stopped getting emails. It stopped around the time my license expired. Today I activated my new license, ran the collections manually, still not getting email alerts.

-I confirmed I still have an email notification configured on an alert.

-I sent a test message from SMTP configuration to the email address configured in the alert.

-Test message came through, but the emails containing all the alerts are not being sent.

What am I missing here?

Hi! I took a look at our catalog of known issues, and I don't believe we have seen this on 7.1 installations.

Have you contacted support about your issue? Also, I looked at the release notes for 8.0 (VMAN 8.0 Release Notes - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support ), we did some improvements for alerts on the platform, have you considered upgrading to the latest to get the benefit of new features as well as possibly getting these alerting fixes?