This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to associate cost with objects (CPU, RAM, VMs) in Virtualization Manager

I want to associate cost with objects like, CPU, RAM, Power or DS  with VMs to so I can get a report of how much it is costing and create a chargeback report. Is there a ways to do it

• The only way I know of to do such a thing would be to add a label for the price per each item (i.e. PricePerCpu, PricePerRAM, PricePerVms, etc) and populate it with that data. After the labels are created and populated, go to the search for * on vms. Next, export the data, and select the attributes and labels you want. Once the results are exported to excel, you will have to multiply out the Price label and the item count in a new field. Hope this helps!

- Shane

Loop1 Systems Inc.

• Virtualization Manager's Cloud Cost (EC2) dashboard leverages trends to put together a dshboard that can calculate the cost of your virtual infrastructure on Amazon.  Some good references:

Let me know if you need more help.

EC2 Monthly Cost by OS.png