This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Error when deploying Virtualization Manager 6.1.1.130 OVA on vSphere

We recently tried to deploy Virtualization-Manager-vSphere-6.1.1.130.ova on vSphere 5.1 (host running ESXi v5.0) and when we boot up the virtual machine we get an error after a file system check.  Has anyone else experience this?  We also noticed that the VM was configured as an RHEL x64 VM in Edit Settings.  We changed that over to CentOS 4/5/6 x64 but it didn't make a difference.

EDIT: I do have an incident open with support on this and I'll post the outcome if they beat the forums to a solution emoticons_wink.png

Virtualization Manager Error Message.png

• Hello Joshua

I see that support has responded to your case.  Did running the check disk and subsequent reboot resolve the issue?

• They did but it didn't. Here's what happened (or at least what I think happened).  The virtualization team was trying to roll out of the OVA and then make some changes to the disk to match their default Linux builds in Edit Settings.  I did a screen-share with them and we walked through it together and it seemed to work.  We resized the data disk to 900GB (yeah, our environment is *that* big) and even did a virtual hardware upgrade but everything worked.

As an FYI -- we did all of the changes (default resource allocation increases including +RAM, +vDisk, +vCPU) and changed the OS from RHEL to CentOS before we powered on the machine for the first time.  No issues this time around.

Maybe the OVA is just scared of me? emoticons_silly.png

• Support responded with these instructions.  (Sorry, you'll have to contact support to get the root password as it is not distributed in the forums).  As per my response above, this didn't work for us because our virtualization team made some additional edits to the VM post deployment (we suspect) that caused disk issues.  Deleting and re-deploying the OVA worked fine.

Joshua,

Thank you for contacting Solarwinds Technical support, my name is Kevin I'll be handling your case.

Okay at that prompt you need to give it the root password which is this:

CALL SUPPORT FOR PASSWORD

After that it will take you to another prompt where you need to type this:

fsck

It will run through it's check disk and when it's finished reboot the appliance.

• I'm glad you got it figured out!!  Thanks for posting your fix.