Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Level 10

ESx host in maintenance mode

Jump to solution

Hey Guys and Gals looking for a way to pull up a list of ESx hosts that are in maintenance mode(according to vcenter not Orion), this info is available in the database.  From said list I'd like to provide a link for the user to utilize to go to that esx host, this doesn't seem to be available in the DB but is available via SWIS for the host table, but the inmaintenancemode column ins't available via SWIS......

any experts out here that can help me?

Unless someone has other suggestions I guess I'm going to have to save my DB results to a file and use the results via SWIS to get the URL's I need.  I wonder why Solarwinds makes some things so hard sometimes....

Thanks as always

Chris

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: ESx host in maintenance mode

Jump to solution

Hi, if you need only the link to the host detail, you can build it yourself and then use it in a custom SQL report. Following is the query that shows how to build the link:

SELECT TOP 1000 [HostID]

,'/Orion/View.aspx?NetObject=VH:' + convert(nvarchar, HostID) AS [Url]

FROM [dbo].[VIM_Hosts]

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 11

Jump to solution

Hi, if you need only the link to the host detail, you can build it yourself and then use it in a custom SQL report. Following is the query that shows how to build the link:

SELECT TOP 1000 [HostID]

,'/Orion/View.aspx?NetObject=VH:' + convert(nvarchar, HostID) AS [Url]

FROM [dbo].[VIM_Hosts]

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

Hi Lucas

Thanks for the response and that will work!!!!  I appreciate it!!!

I used the following query to finish it up:

SELECT HostStatus,  '<p><a href=""https://vim.humana.com/Orion/View.aspx?NetObject=VH:'+ convert(nvarchar, HostID)+'"">'+[HostName]+'</a></p> '  AS [DetailsURL]

FROM [dbo].[VIM_Hosts]

where [inmaintenancemode] = 1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

Jump to solution

Hi Chris, if we were to provide this kind of report out of the box, would you want to group by cluster or some other attribute? Do you want to exclude hosts? what are you using this report for?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

Hi Serena

What I really wanted was a custom pie chart where our vm team can click on the sections or the legend of the chart to drill down into the different sections.

Since there isn't a custom pie chart and the field I'm querying on isn't available via swql I had to go the route of a custom sql query and building the URL myself.

Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

Jump to solution

That's really helpful thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

We'd love to have this report/widget too. We have 80+ vCenters and would like a widget listing all nodes currently in Maintenance Mode in any vCenter. Also, having a alert/event for any ESXi host going into or coming out of MM would be a big plus.

0 Kudos