Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

ESXi Host Ghosts

Jump to solution

Hey all,

Got a strange one here. We have 3 ESXi hosts that I removed as nodes months ago and they no longer exist on our network or in our VCenter, but yet, they're still showing up as virtualization assets. How do I remove these pesky ghosts?

The 3 that have the red exclamation points are the ones in question. Also, we're running the 2019.4 RC on our environment, but it was even like this on our clunky, old, way outdated environment.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 9

I was able to go into the VIM_Hosts database table and remove them using the following command:

Delete FROM [dbo].[VIM_Hosts]

Where HostName = 'Put Host Name Here'

Now they're gone!!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Level 9

I was able to go into the VIM_Hosts database table and remove them using the following command:

Delete FROM [dbo].[VIM_Hosts]

Where HostName = 'Put Host Name Here'

Now they're gone!!

View solution in original post

Product Manager
Product Manager

klevans8907  wrote:

Hey all,

Got a strange one here. We have 3 ESXi hosts that I removed as nodes months ago and they no longer exist on our network or in our VCenter, but yet, they're still showing up as virtualization assets. How do I remove these pesky ghosts?

The 3 that have the red exclamation points are the ones in question. Also, we're running the 2019.4 RC on our environment, but it was even like this on our clunky, old, way outdated environment.

pastedImage_1.png

Are they still showing up in the VISDK MOB? If not, the data in Orion how stale is it?

0 Kudos

Hey serena, I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean. I'm still pretty new to Solarwinds.

0 Kudos

klevans8907  wrote:

Hey serena, I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean. I'm still pretty new to Solarwinds.

the VISDK mob that I'm referring to is the VMware Managed Object Browser. This gives you insight into what the vCenter VISDK is surfacing from the hypervisor point of view. Here's a quick document to reference how to get to that managed object browser. Access the MOB on Any ESXi or vCenter Server System

0 Kudos

Those hosts are not showing up in the VISDK MOB.

0 Kudos