This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

ESX Host CPU Monitoring Mistery...

Hi All,

I have a little problem and hope some of you may be able to pint me to the right direction:

I have a number of ESX hosts I am monitoring here. They are all set to ICMP and Pool for VMWare:

01.JPG02.JPG

With these settings I was getting CPU & Memory monitoring. It was a bit of a surprise for me when I first set this up, as I was not expecting CPU/Memory to come under ICMP, but I guess this is all has to do with "Poll for VMWare"

A week ago I lost CPU and Memory monitoring for all hosts. I cannot really remember if we have done any significant changes, but the fact is - no CPU nor Memory statistics available in SolarWinds. I got used to it emoticons_happy.png

Would anyone please be able to point me to the right direction what do I need to check to troubleshoot CPU and Memory statistics for ESX hosts? I have run out of ideas.

P.S. root credentials definitely work fine, as I have ESX application attached to hosts and it is polling data just fine, with the same credentials

Thanks,

Alex

• OK, I have no idea what has happened here and I could not work out what has gone wrong. 

To workaround this issue I have attached ESX Monitoring Template to my hosts and have used multiple statistic chart to display statistics for multiple hosts - works very well and I can see the whole stack on one page (even better than before)

001.JPG