cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Dashboard widgets for depletion by VC?

Jump to solution

Is it possible to create dashboard widgets that show predicted depletion, for only one VC/cluster?

• Predicted depletion, per cluster – CPU
  • Predicted depletion, per cluster – RAM
  • Predicted depletion, per cluster - Storage
  • Predicted depletion, per cluster - Cluster VM capacity
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Hi, trends aren't generated from historical data, new points on the graph appear as new data is collected by Virtualization Manager, so you will just have to wait a few days.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Level 9

In testing this, I have noticed the "Trend" type reports, that take VMM into "Business Views", is it possible to create these per cluster too?  ...or just point me towards the custom queries that build these views and i'll go from there?

0 Kudos

Using what I've learnt this week, I've reduced the scope of a trend to a single cluster, but it's only showing now as a point in time, instead of across the range, as below; 

have i missed something obvious?

2014-06-13_12-52-29.jpg

0 Kudos

Hi, trends aren't generated from historical data, new points on the graph appear as new data is collected by Virtualization Manager, so you will just have to wait a few days.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 12

Hi,
it's possible. Follow these steps:

1. perform a search query for Clusters, select Cluster(s) you want to have in the widget and press Plan button

CP_01.png

2. In Capacity Planner module  on Resource Container tab click the "Edit" button and save the resource

CP_02.png

3. in Dashboard add a new Consumption widget and in Source tab change "Default Resource Container" to your new resource

CP_03.png

You will see predicted depletion of particular Cluster(s).

Thanks, I have been able to configure and save custom resource containers and usage profiles, add them to dashboards, and am getting some meaningful results... but when I create a dashboard report based on that widget, it tells me the "PDF cannot be opened because it contains no pages"?

0 Kudos

Yes, you are right. There's a bug and Dev team is working on it. As a workaround you can create a new resource container which is based on dynamic content:

1. perform a search over Clusters, i.e. cluster.name:"Cluster01". Keep requested cluster(s) unchecked and press Plan button

CP_01.png
2. continue with points 2. and 3. as described above. In "Edit" menu you should see "Dynamic content" option selected:

pastedImage_7.png

After that you will be able to create a Dashboard Report without any issues.