Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Create datastore alarm based on free space, not percentage

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am looking to alarm on a datastore when it reaches a certain free GB, say, 10 GB free.  All of my datastores are different sizes, so percentage free doesn't really work.

I found the datastore.freespace, but just not sure how to use it.

Thank you.    

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 12

Hello,

you are right. When you want to create an alert based on fixed free space of datastores, the "datastore.freeSpace" attribute is the correct one. So you can use this alert settings:

- create a new alert and on Scope tab use "datastore.freeSpace:[0 TO 10737418240]" as a search query (10737418240 corresponds to 10 GB) and choose "Evaluate on Performance data collection"

pastedImage_1.png

- on Notifications tab insert "/datastore/freeSpace" into Find field in order to see free space of each datastore listed in that alert

pastedImage_2.png

I hope I answered your question. If not or if you have any other questions, feel free to reply.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Level 8

Thank you!  That is exactly what I needed, and I was able to setup an alarm.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Level 12

Hello,

you are right. When you want to create an alert based on fixed free space of datastores, the "datastore.freeSpace" attribute is the correct one. So you can use this alert settings:

- create a new alert and on Scope tab use "datastore.freeSpace:[0 TO 10737418240]" as a search query (10737418240 corresponds to 10 GB) and choose "Evaluate on Performance data collection"

pastedImage_1.png

- on Notifications tab insert "/datastore/freeSpace" into Find field in order to see free space of each datastore listed in that alert

pastedImage_2.png

I hope I answered your question. If not or if you have any other questions, feel free to reply.

View solution in original post