cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

Change Date format in console

Hi Guys,,

How do you change the date format displayed thoughout in the web console?

Right now, by default, it displays Fri 11/30/12

I would like it to display Fri 30/11/12

What needs to be changed?

Regards,

Deltona

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Level 9

We care currently using 7.1 at the moment, with a plan to move to 8.1. Has this been resolved in either of those versions, or am I missing the setting in 7.1?

0 Kudos

6.2.0 No update yet.

0 Kudos

Vic

Over the last couple of releases we have been moving more features from the VMAN Appliance to the to the Orion platform with the goal of making feature changes and net new features on the Orion platform.   With the release of 6.2 we continued by moving over all Out-of-the-Box alerting and reporting to Orion and included virtual management actions and appstack integration on the Orion platform only.  The date view of VMAN on Orion is handled through the web browser location setting automatically.  If you do not have VMAN integrated with SAM or NPM then we do have a stand alone Orion implementation specifically for VMAN integration that is available in the customer portal.

Moving forward as we improve on existing features and add all new features you will see these changes happen on the Orion platform as we work to provide a "single pane of glass" along the Solarwinds product line.

0 Kudos

Can I please get a free Orion NPM license so that I can make use of the VMAN integration? I don't wish to pay for NPM just so I can get a proper date format displayed in VMAN.

I'll provide the Windows license for the new server that Orion NPM gets installed on. Fair trade?

0 Kudos

Vic

I agree you shouldn't have to pay for NPM just to get Orion integration features so for the 6.2 release we started to provide a standalone Orion for VMAN customers so that SAM or NPM is no longer required for integration. Message me if you have any issues downloading the Orion module.

0 Kudos
Level 9

Hello,

can you please describe more detailed what date format you want to change, ideally send a screenshot?

0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

It is displayed in all places where there is a date. Have a look in Time travel in Map, you'll see what i mean.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Unfortunately there is no way how to accomplish this at the moment. We will discuss if this feature could be added in some of the future versions or not. Thank you for understanding

0 Kudos

Could you please ask the current PM to provide some useful input in this matter. I don't understand how a necessity like this falls under the "feature" category.

Is Virtualization Manager not sold outside of the US?

0 Kudos

Hi,

This is high on our priority list for a future release.  I understand this is frustrating but there is no way to do this at this time.  Happy to jump on a call and discuss with you further.

Brian

Virtualization Manager v6 has been released and still no ability to change the date format.

Has this been pushed to low priority?

0 Kudos

Hi Deltona,

We were looking at it for the last release, but with schedule pressure, it ended up getting pushed. We are still looking at adding this for a future release. I noticed that there was no Idea Forum requests for this item, so I went ahead and created one so that other VMan customers could vote for this. http://thwack.solarwinds.com/ideas/2679

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for creating the idea request but this has me confused.

Does this mean that it is no longer high on your priority list for a future release, but instead, dependent on whether people vote for it or not?

0 Kudos

Hi Deltona,

No, it is not necessarily dependent on whether or not people vote on it. This feature is being considered with all other high priority issues for consideration in the next release. I created the request to raise it's visibility, but Thwack Idea Forum requests are only one source out of many input channels that are used to drive product direction. Hope that clarifies.

0 Kudos

Hi Balki,

It's almost a year since we last touched on this subject and nearing two years since it has been brought up.

Just updated to 6.1.1 and am looking for the date format settings but can't find it. Did it make it to this release?

0 Kudos

Bump. It's ridiculous to sell a product internationally and not allow for something as basic as the localisation/customisation of the datetime.

Is there any update?

0 Kudos

Hi there,

Thanks for the input. I really do hope to see this functionality being added in the coming release.

Deltona

0 Kudos