This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Azure infrastructure monitoring

Hi All

Not too sure I'm putting this question in the correct place, apologies if not.

I've just configured cloud infrastructure monitoring for one of our Azure subscriptions. I'm seeing this alert on a number of VMs "Azure Cloud VM is in a Warning or Critical State".

Can anyone please tell me why Solarwinds thinks that these VMs are in a warning or critical state? There's nothing to indicate that in the Azure monitoring that we have configured.

The trigger condition for this is - trigger alert when Azure Cloud VM status is warning or critical. So can anyone please tell me where this status comes from?

Many thanks.

Carl

• carlp  wrote:

Hi All

Not too sure I'm putting this question in the correct place, apologies if not.

I've just configured cloud infrastructure monitoring for one of our Azure subscriptions. I'm seeing this alert on a number of VMs "Azure Cloud VM is in a Warning or Critical State".

Can anyone please tell me why Solarwinds thinks that these VMs are in a warning or critical state? There's nothing to indicate that in the Azure monitoring that we have configured.

The trigger condition for this is - trigger alert when Azure Cloud VM status is warning or critical. So can anyone please tell me where this status comes from?

Many thanks.

Carl

Hi Carl,

Status for cloud instances take into account the state reported from Azure, but in addition it also takes into account your configured thresholds. Have you reviewed the thresholds set for cpu load, and other metrics to see if those have been exceeded?

• Thanks for your reply Serena. I didn't realise that I needed to navigate to the 'Azure Cloud' tab to see the threshold that had been exceeded. I was only looking at the summary tab.

Cheers.