This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

1 product in evaluation VM v6

We have a message informing us that "Virtualization Manager v6 - Evaluation" will be expiring in 27 days on Jun 8. The funny thing is, our SolarWinds server is new and the application suite was downloaded and installed 3 days ago (on 5/10/19). The version of Virtualization Manager installed and licensed is v8.4.9041.0. How do I uninstall or remove v6 or at least the ridiculous message stating the v6 evaluation is ending? Version 6 is not installed and does not appear in the Programs and Features of the server. It's deployed on a fully patched Server 2016 VM with SQL 2016 SP1 and plus, nothing SolarWinds-wise has even been set up and configured on it yet. I can provide NO logs, screenshots or any further information for reasons I cannot mention.

Thanks,

Dave

• davej150  wrote:

We have a message informing us that "Virtualization Manager v6 - Evaluation" will be expiring in 27 days on Jun 8. The funny thing is, our SolarWinds server is new and the application suite was downloaded and installed 3 days ago (on 5/10/19). The version of Virtualization Manager installed and licensed is v8.4.9041.0. How do I uninstall or remove v6 or at least the ridiculous message stating the v6 evaluation is ending? Version 6 is not installed and does not appear in the Programs and Features of the server. It's deployed on a fully patched Server 2016 VM with SQL 2016 SP1 and plus, nothing SolarWinds-wise has even been set up and configured on it yet. I can provide NO logs, screenshots or any further information for reasons I cannot mention.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave, the v6 is misleading and the display of this is corrected in a future version. When you install Solarwinds for the first time, you trigger a 30 day evaluation by default, and the banner lets you know how much time is passing until your evaluation ends at the 30 day mark. Once you have passed 30 days, your monitoring will cease to happen for the product listed (in this case for VMAN). If you are a licensed customer, all you have to do is apply your VMAN primary license to the server and the evaluation banner will go away.

• serena - thanks for the reply. Like I mentioned, I downloaded the latest SolarWinds suite from the SolarWinds site last Friday 5/10/19 and it still complains of v6 being in evaluation on a newly built out server, so I guess I'm not sure how this is corrected in a future version? The version, like I mentioned above, that installed during deployment is v8.4.9041.0.

I'll let the next 26 days go by for it to expire and we'll see what happens then.

Thanks again for the reply,

Dave

• davej150  wrote:

serena - thanks for the reply. Like I mentioned, I downloaded the latest SolarWinds suite from the SolarWinds site last Friday 5/10/19 and it still complains of v6 being in evaluation on a newly built out server, so I guess I'm not sure how this is corrected in a future version? The version, like I mentioned above, that installed during deployment is v8.4.9041.0.

I'll let the next 26 days go by for it to expire and we'll see what happens then.

Thanks again for the reply,

Dave

Hi Dave,

The v6 is a piece of meta data tagged to an internal license template. So this is what you would see as the display name on your version if you went to the license manager .

pastedImage_2.png

This isn't tied to the version of the product at all.

As you're not the first to let us know that this is misleading, we're taking steps to remove that display in the future. For example:

pastedImage_3.pngor

pastedImage_4.png

Luckily this does not impact your evaluation in any way, and you'll be able to finish the evaluation with the features that you expect. The true indicator of VMAN version is always located in the footer - for example pastedImage_5.png