This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

switch port status change alert

Anyone created alert to monitor change in the port status, not the interface state.

I just need an alert if any of the port status is changed on my switch.

• Do you mean for a port that goes ERR Disabled?

If not, please clarify what you mean by port status.

• kafeelahmedeng_0-1596005340643.png

This i'm getting on the node summary page. But didn't found any way for alerting.

So just want to setup an alert if status of any port changes to active or inactive.

I cant setup at interface level, but i'm looking specific to the port without monitoring all the unnecessary interfaces. 

Note:I have NPM as well as UDT installed.

• What type of switch is it?

You should be able to trigger something off of SNMP traps or syslogs without having to monitor every interface.  If an interface gets shut or no shut it will log it. If you are sending your logs from the switch, you can create an alert on the log.

• syslog for Link State along with the specific status detail should get you what you need. You would need to set up a rule in OLV/OLA, and set that to trigger an alert within NPM.

msg examples;

%LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Port-channel1, changed state to up
     %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1, changed state to up
    %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Vlan1, changed state to down
    %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet0/1, changed state to down 2