This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Upgrade UDT 3.0 nightly job issue

We recently upgraded UDT module to 3.0 (we also have NPM SLX, NCM, NTA, SAM, NQVM). Nightly job prior to UDT upgrade, would complete in 90-120min. This is something I monitor to ensure summarization, db etc are in good shape. Upon upgrading UDT to 3.0, the nightly immediately starting to increase in length. It has now been 2 weeks, and nightly is now taking 18hrs to completed. Here is a snapshot which highlights stage it is held up at. "Removing orphaned data from UDT_IPAddressHistory".  Hotfix 1 was just released, we applied it 2 days ago. Nightly is continuing to grow in length, and has now hit our sql backup window. I opened a case with solarwinds CASE # 488626, on June 20th. To date they've requested diag files, but i've heard nothing back since June 21st. Has anyone experienced this issue ?

2013-06-26 02:42:54,157 [1] INFO  SolarWinds.Data.DatabaseMaintenance.MaintenanceEngine - Removing orphaned data from UDT_IPAddressHistory

2013-06-26 17:12:31,851 [1] INFO  SolarWinds.Data.DatabaseMaintenance.MaintenanceEngine - Summarizing detailed data from UDT_IPAddressHistory

btw: issue did not exist in udt 2.5

LN (ellen)

• Solarwinds support resolved issue by providing a modified stored procedure for nightly section which performed UDT delete orphans maintenance. However CAUTION - all was fine until we upgraded SAM 5.0.2 -> 5.5  this somehow resulted in the modified Stored procedure getting replaced by the original. Back to nightly taking 2-3 days to complete with UDT delete orphans. Highly recommend if you have UDT 3.0 to upgrade to UDT 3.0.1 (which includes perm fix to this nightly job issue).