cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 12

UDT Compatibility Checker tool - how to use it

I have read a few threads on Thwack concerning missing MAC/IP data in UDT and the Compatibility Checker tool was mentioned in some of them. How is that tool to be used? What should I be looking for in the tool output if I am having the issue with missing MAC or IP addresses in UDT?

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

you point it as a representative device on your network and make sure that it is reporting L2 or L3 information in a standard MIB.

then, open a case with SolarWinds

0 Kudos
Level 12

Thank you, but which OIDs need to be successfully polled in order for UDT to be able to:

1. show connected IPs or MACs on a switch port

2. show user logon and logoff data from a domain controller

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Level 12

patriot​,

Here is a posting on the Layer 2 /3 OIDs for UDT. User Accounts are polled using credentials and not SNMP. These articles should help.

General information on Layer 3 polling in UDT - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

MIB tables required by User Device Tracker for Layer 2 information - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help...

No User login information found in UDT - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

Best Regards,

Derik Pfeffer

Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services

LinkedIN: Loop1 Systems

Facebook: Loop1 Systems

Twitter: @Loop1Systems

Level 9

Where can one find this tool?

0 Kudos
Level 13

Default install path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\UDT\UDTCompatibilityChecker.exe

​Here is a troublesome Nexus 6k

pastedImage_0.png

Level 9

Hm. Mine just crashes with an unexpected error. Time to talk to support, I suppose. Thank you for the path and screenshot!

0 Kudos