This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Top XX Nodes by Percent Ports Used: Divide by Zero error encountered

The resource window displays the error:

The "Top 10 Nodes by Percent Ports Used" resource threw an exception..
SWIS query error. SWQL Query: SELECT TOP 10 S.NodeID, N.Status, N.Caption, N.IP_Address, S.LastScan, S.LastSuccessfulScan, S.LastScanResult, S.PortCount, S.ActivePortCount, (S.PortCount-S.ActivePortCount) as [PortsAvailable], ((S.ActivePortCount * 100 ) / (S.PortCount )) as [PortPercentUsed] FROM Orion.Nodes N INNER JOIN Orion.UDT.Switch S ON N.NodeID=S.NodeID WHERE S.ActivePortCount>0 Order By [PortPercentUsed] DESC, [PortsAvailable] ASC, S.ActivePortCount DESC SWIS Error: Divide by zero error encountered.
Unclear what causes this error. Somebody any ideas?
  • Hi hesonder --

This is a known issue with the Top XX Nodes by Percent Port Used' resource which came to light recently.

The error occurs when there are nodes added to UDT, but there are no ports in UDT relating to these nodes (hence the 'divide by zero').

If you check the 'All UDT Nodes' resource, you should be able to locate the culprit device(s).  They are the ones without the '+' expand button next to the node name.

Try running Port Discovery for these nodes.   Once the ports have been added, this error will go away.

Please post back the results.

Regards,

Steve

• Steve,

Thanks for the feedback. Thought that was the issue. More interestingly the issue resolved itself, meaning the Top 10 shows again without error and I did not actively do anything (at least not knowlingly). I guess the top switch is most likely the culprit as it showed 0 port available and 1 port used.

I will sit tight for the first service pack to resolve this issue and a bunch of others that limit the usability of the current functionality. Nevertheless a good start of a new module that once fully integrated with NPM, IPAM and the like is a great infrastructure management enhancement.

Thnaks,

Henk E.

• Hi Henk,

Sounds like UDT may have been in the process of discovering Ports when you first looked at this Top XX resource.  Glad its sorted itself out now.  We should have a fix ready for this soon.

Thanks for posting back the update and also for your feedback on Device Tracker too.

Regards,

Steve

• Just curious if a fix has been released for this problem yet?

I have the same error in the Top 10 Nodes by Percent Ports Used, however, I don't appear to have any nodes with no ports discovered.

Thanks,

Randy

• RandyBrown,

This was fixed in UDT 1.0.1 which was released in the summer. You can check the version you are using by looking at the footer of the website. You should see something like this at the very bottom of the website.

SolarWinds Orion Core 2011.1.1, IPAM 2.0.1, NPM 10.1.3, NTA 3.8.0, UDT 1.0.1, IVIM 1.1.2 Copyright 1995-2011 All Rights Reserved

Mav