This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Starting over in UDT PR2, blanking tables since we can't remove ports/devices yet ...

I'd like to wipe out my UDT tables and start over because I've got some trunked ports being monitored and it's throwing off the accuracy.   I'm not familiar enough with sql to do this on my own; had tech support remote in and do it for me once already.

Can some one tell me how to do this?  I think if I just knew what to put in the sql query, I can do it for all of the tables.

I'm not sure if this is related; I've seen other posts that seem to be having similar issue, but for a while I was getting ip and mac info on all of my switches, but lately I'm only getting macs - no IPs - on my Cisco switch ports.  I tried uninstall/reinstalling UDT, but that had no effect, which is partly why I want to start over.

• Sounds like two different things you're trying to accomplish.  For the bottom one, check this post, it should help.

• Well, this definitely is to be part of the problem; I don't see a couple key switches identified as layer3; which they are. 

I do have switches that have been identified as layer3 and they appear to be working correctly. 

On a node details screen, when I click the 'Show IPs for' drop down, it only says 'all associated routers'.  I'm using layer3 switches to handle all routing on the LAN(vlans), but even on switches that are showing ip addresses, this is the only option.

I looked at the router and switchtorouter UDT tables, and layer3 switch ID are missing.  I add one of the missing layer3 switch IDs to the router table and then edit a couple of the switcthtorouter entries to associate them with the correct ID, but I didn't see anything change; I probably screwed something up by messing with the tables.  :-(

I also tried to Discover Ports, and re-select the missing switches (ensuring the layer3 box was checked), and well as select a couple of actual routers which seem to be missing, and the window just comes up like it's going to scan the devices, but nothing ever happens - the pop up window just sits there; the progress bar does not move, nothing appears to be happening.  I let it set over night - nothing.  Tried several different times, different devices, made sure all services were running (they were), nothing ...

I think I'll just call tech support and get them to wipe it out so I can start over ....

• Did you install the HotFix?  If so you have the ability to tell UDT that the device is a Layer 3 device.  This can be done on the edit node page for the device in question.

• Had not, but have now.   Monitoring to see if anything improves.

Still would like to clear some trunk ports; I'm sure those are giving me false info - is there a way to just delete ports/records out of the UDT tables to stop monitoring them rather than clearing out all of the tables and starting over?

• You can unmonitor the ports in UDT and we will stop collecting data on them.  On the UDT Summary page there is an option to Manage Ports (Looks very similar to the Manage Nodes in NPM).  On this page you can select your Trunk ports and click unmonitor.

• I'm such a dummy.  I never noticed the drop down to switch between Nodes and Ports.  I was about a post a screen from Nodes view to show I couldn't do it, and just before I posted it, I saw the drop down in my own screen shot.  DOH!

Thanks for the nudge Jeff