This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Send us a screenshot of your UDT Summary page and get 1000 THWACK points!

Hi all, this is a limited time offer.  Take a screenshot of your UDT Summary page and send directly to me via email between now and March 29, 2019 for 1000 THWACK points. You can also append your screenshot with answers to the following questions:

• What is the most useful resource/widget on the page?
  • What is the least useful resource/widget on the page?
  • What content is missing that you wish you had on the page?
  • What content have you added and customized and why?

Send screenshots directly to me via email at kellie.mecham@solarwinds.com.  Points will be awarded all at once at the end of the period.  Of course, feel free to obfuscate any real data you don't want to share, like device names or IPs.

• I have to admit, I have never built a UDT summary page for any client at all, except to add a custom query widget to search instead of using the built in one (custom query one loads MUCH faster because it doesn't force you to reload a page).

UDT info on it's own rarely seems useful to me, it begs to be merged with other data that I am getting in NPM/NTA/IPAM.  I build lots of custom widgets on the node and interface details pages that correlate UDT data and events but on it's own UDT data is often kind of difficult to turn into something useful.

I also always feel like the ports in use type data is very misleading in many cases because people will have unknowingly added virtual interfaces to the devices when they brought them in.  So my 24 port switch shows as having 76% utilization across 34 ports because it has 10 vlans configured.  In reality there are only 16 real ports in use, 8 free, which should basically show up as 67% in use. Garbage numbers in big red warnings on the first screen erode confidence in the tool so everything else gets disregarded. These summary widgets are not helpful if they don't know how to distinguish between types of interfaces or allow filtering.

Just my thoughts.