cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Security Event Log does not audit for successes

Jump to solution

The corporate Domain Controller GPO does not allow for auditing successful user logins.  Since that is the way UDT gets its user info, I need to find a different way to make it work.  Has anyone run into this before?  If so, were you able to find a way to make it work?

I've had the idea of redirecting the successful login info to a new event log, so that the Security Log is not over run with successful logins.  I haven't been able to do a lot of research into this idea.

Any other ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pat

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 11

I believe there is no other work around. I had to convince the customer to enable this in order to get the information.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 11

I believe there is no other work around. I had to convince the customer to enable this in order to get the information.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Any ideas on how to handle the log scrolling caused by all the successful logins?  What did you say to convince your customer?

Thanks for the reply,

Pat

0 Kudos

Hi Po'malley,

It really depends on each customer's requirement. In case if they want to see the login information they have to allow enabling the logs. Try explaining this feature like what information it does take samples from Orion demo portal. Whoever sees the portal and reports they will definitely agree to enable the logons. The information is very helpful once you enable!!

0 Kudos

Howdy Amarnath,

I'll give that a try.

Thanks,

Pat

0 Kudos