This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Remove the ports in bulk from UDT module

Hello Everyone, we wanted to remove/unmanage the ports in bulk from UDT module. We have added all the ports of the network devices into the UDT module(nearly 4k). Now i need to remove the logical, loopbak or virtula etc ports from UDT monitoring. As well as, we have reports which includes all the ports utilization, if i want to remove these specific ports then, how I can achieve this. Please provide your suggestion. Thanks in advance!

• Hello,

You should be able to do this under Settings>All Settings>UDT Settings>Manage Ports. There is a search box there that would allow you to search for a specific naming convention so that you can delete those in bulk. Just put check marks next to everything you want and select "unmonitor." As far as the reports are concerned, it would depend on which report you are running. You can edit the data source and add some logic to exclude those ports. Do you need to have those ports in Orion at all? Is it just UDT you're looking to remove the ports from? Obviously if you just deleted the unnecessary ports from Orion altogether (and not just from UDT) they wouldn't show in your report anymore. I'm an Engineer with Loop1 and we provide professional/consultative SolarWinds services. Feel free to DM me or shoot me an email at the link below if you have further questions (not cost).

Best,

-kboldizar

Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services

• Thanks for the feedback. I will try to remove the ports and will update post.

Is it just UDT you're looking to remove the ports from? yes, only from UDT.

We have found the following query into the community, which we are using for port utilization reporting. I am trying to get only physical interface for the specific vendor like Cisco devices. what possible changes should i have to do?, please let us know the suggestions. I am not much aware of DB side.

SELECT     [N].[Caption] AS Caption     , ISNULL([PortsTotal].[PortCount], 0) AS PortCount     , ISNULL([PortsActive].[PortCount], 0) AS ActivePortCount     , (ISNULL([PortsTotal].[PortCount], 0) - ISNULL([PortsActive].[PortCount],0)) AS UnusedPorts     , CASE         WHEN ((ISNULL([PortsTotal].[PortCount], 0) = 0) OR (ISNULL([PortsActive].[PortCount], 0) = 0)) THEN 0         ELSE ((ISNULL([PortsActive].[PortCount], 0) * 100) / ISNULL([PortsTotal].[PortCount], 0))     END AS [% PortsUsed] FROM dbo.Nodes AS N INNER JOIN dbo.UDT_NodeCapability AS NC ON (([N].[NodeID] = [NC].[NodeID]) AND ([NC].[Capability] = 2)) RIGHT JOIN (     SELECT [P].[NodeID], COUNT([P].[PortID]) AS PortCount     FROM dbo.UDT_Port AS P     WHERE ([P].[Flag] = 0) AND ([P].[IsMonitored] = 1)     GROUP BY [P].[NodeID] ) AS PortsTotal ON ([PortsTotal].[NodeID] = [NC].[NodeID]) RIGHT JOIN (     SELECT [P].[NodeID], COUNT([P].[PortID]) AS PortCount     FROM dbo.UDT_Port AS P     WHERE ([P].[Flag] = 0) AND ([P].[IsMonitored] = 1)     GROUP BY [P].[NodeID], [P].[OperationalStatus]     HAVING ([P].[OperationalStatus] = 1) ) AS PortsActive ON ([PortsActive].[NodeID] = [NC].[NodeID]) WHERE (ISNULL([PortsTotal].[PortCount], 0) > 0) ORDER BY [% PortsUsed] DESC, [ActivePortCount] DESC, [UnusedPorts] ASC

Thanks,

Bhupesh

• Settings >> All settings  >> UDT settings  >> Monitored Port Types