cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Port Details Report

How do I get this page onto an email or pdf?  The funny thing is that is looks great in the node details page but has no options to export.

port-details.png

Support says the out of box tools won't help get this info.  I need a custom SQL query.  I shake my head as I write this.

0 Kudos
12 Replies

Try this SWQL query out:

SELECT
n.NodeAllEndpoints.PortNumber
,n.NodeAllEndpoints.ConnectedTo
,n.NodeAllEndpoints.HostName
,n.NodeAllEndpoints.MACVendor
,n.NodeAllEndpoints.IPAddress
,n.NodeAllEndpoints.MACAddress
,n.NodeAllEndpoints.MACVendorIcon
,n.NodeAllEndpoints.VLAN
FROM Orion.Nodes AS n
WHERE n.NodeIPAddresses.IPAddress = 'x.x.x.x'
ORDER BY PortNumber ASC

If you put that in a Custom Table resource in a report, it should return something similar to the screenshot you posted. Here's a screenshot of how you would configure the report resource:

pastedImage_0.png

Level 9

Thanks for the query.  I created the report and changed the IP address but all i get is a blank screen.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

0 Kudos

What version of UDT are you running? Can you post a screenshot of your Port Management page in UDT so we can verify that you have the node and ports managed? It should look like this:

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
Level 9

I am running UDT 3.3.4.  When i do preview results in the query part, some data show up.  When i submit it, the report shows blank.

preiview-works.png

0 Kudos

Quick FYI - Orion 2019.2 HF2 dropped last night! Your custom SWQL resources should be working now

Level 9

I upgraded.  The report still doesn't work.

0 Kudos

But it still works in the preview?

0 Kudos
Level 9

The preview only gives me some data.

0 Kudos

Ah, that's a known bug right now with the latest Orion 2019.2 release. Custom SWQL tables aren't working at the moment. It looks like Hotfix 1 dropped yesterday but I don't see a fix for this issue in the release notes​. aLTeReGo​ would be able to vouch for whether or not the SWQL bug is addressed in HF1.

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

Unfortunately, this issue was identified too late to be included in HF1.

Thanks for the info! Looking forward to seeing HF2

0 Kudos
Level 16

You might be able to get close doing a custom report and using port and then selecting the fields to match that view.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos