This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Port Details - MAC vendor updates?

Here's a snippet of a Port Details widget of a switch. The first one shows it the vendor as ROSEMOUNT CONTROLS. In my experience, these are always Vertiv/Liebert/Emerson web cards in a UPS or an A/C unit.

pastedImage_2.png

The second one shows up as Cisco on any lookup site and is undoubtedly a phone based on the different VLAN, but appears o be unknown to UDT

How can I update these? I'd like the first one to have a customized vendor name and graphics, and the second I'd like to just be the normal name and icon. Can we update a table ourselves? Do we have to beg the developers for which ones we'd like updated?

• Let me answer my own question:

IUPDATE [MacPrefixes] SET [VENDOR] = 'Vertiv' WHERE MacPrefix = '000068';

This will replace the vendor name of 'ROSEMOUNT CONTROLS' with 'Vertiv' for the MAC prefix 000068. Clearly you COULD do this with any MAC prefix.