This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Polling failed on Domain controller

I've just installed UDT 3.2 into my existing Orion system.  I am running NPM 11.0.1, SAM 6.1.1, NTA 3.11.  I have added my 10 Domain Controllers in UDT, but 3 of them come back with the following status, "Polling Failed, check security log access credentials"   The domain controllers are 2008R2, 2012 and 2003.  The account I am using is a member of the Domain Admins group.  I've checked every permission I can think of on the logs, but the account has all needed permissions.  I've been able to remotely access the logs with the account.  I'm not sure what else to check as I can't find any other errors.  When I tested UDT 3.1, I did not have this issue.  I am using the same account as my test.  Thanks for any pointers.

Joe Leitsch

• This is happening to us as well. We are monitoring 12 DCs. Shortly after upgrading UDT to 3.2 a couple of weeks ago one of them began getting the "Polling Failed" error. I lived with it for a few days while I researched possible solutions. In the end, I deleted the node and then added it back. Since then, there has been no issue with that DC, but 2 others have now started to fail. We were running NPM 11.0.1, NTA 4.1 and UDT 3.1 prior to the upgrade and had been monitoring these DCs for several months without issue. UDT is the only module we upgraded.

Jay Dunn

• similar situation here. The failed error shows up on different DC's.

Orion Platform 2014.2.1, QoE 1.0, IPAM 4.3, NCM 7.3.2, NPM 11.0.1, NTA 4.1.0, UDT 3.2.0, IVIM 1.10.0

• Sometimes the AD credentials test running with each poll behaves weirdly and so I would like to ask: are the respective data polled? (despite the error..) It easily could be kind of "false positive" alert with data still being correctly polled...

• I think you are correct. Data does appear to be collected. Of course, not every DC in a domain is failing. At some point after synchronization, that data could be coming from another DC. Regardless, it's annoying at the very least. So far, deleting the node and then re-adding it has resolved the issue. I know this may not be an option for many, but that's the road I'm taking. If a node that I have already re-added starts failing again, I'll report back.

Jay

• Thanks for the suggestion, but It didn't work too well for me.  I deleted the 3 DCs that are giving the error and added them back.  Things were fine until I came in this morning.  1 of the 3 is back to being in an error state and now I have 2 new ones  that are showing the error.  I'm going to delete them and see what happens.

• This is really a drag tired of seeing the Alerts constantly. Everything is working so we know there is no error just a PIA!

• Just as an FYI - None of the nodes I have deleted and then re-added have returned to an error state. Went all day yesterday without a failure. So far, so good.

Jay

• The hotfix that was released last week for UDT 3.2 has fixed my error.  Sense installing it the error went away.

• I reported last that once I deleted a node and then re-created it the problem went away. Everything was stable for a week or so, but now that's changed. I have one node that is in an error state even after deleting and re-creating. I've re-created it 4 times now and after about a day the error state returns. I applied the hotfixes (1 & 2) last week, but that doesn't appear to have resolved the issue (in my environment at least).

Jay

• Any better results with hotfix 3, or are you still encountering this issue?