This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Network Atlas in Stand Alone UDT

I can't find the "Connect Now" option in Network Atlas when I install a Stand Alone copy of UDT. Am I just being blind or is it missing? 

• Hi Darryl,

it is really missing; "Connect Now" in Network Atlas requires interfaces. UDT doesn't have interfaces, but ports. While it's essentially the same, it makes difference for licensing (here's related thread). To have "Connect Now" you need to deploy NPM.

Petr

• So the ability to visualise where your devices are plugged into the network has been disabled even though the data is collected and could be displayed without monitoring the interface for traffic?

• Darryl,

Unfortunately Petr is correct. Remember, this is a 1.0 product and we have a lot of things we still want to do. We have the data, now we can look at better ways to present it (reports, alerts, maps, etc.). Unfortunately, we didn't get the ConnectNow feature "for free" because of how it works, but this is definitely something we are looking at and interested in (visualizing where a endpoint is connected).

Thanks,

Mav