cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted

Latest UDT fail: Updating the Community does not update the UDT jobs

next UDT fail: if you change the Community on your nodes then UDT doesn't notice this, and continues to poll devices using the old community string, recording 'zero' data into the database, and no error reporting  visible to the administrator.

Doesn't everyone rotate their community and static passwords at least once a year?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Latest UDT fail: Updating the Community does not update the UDT jobs

Richard, this is the first time I hear about this bug and it suprises me, as there are companies which change passwords even quarterly. So I suspect sth rather environmental. Have you contacted support or dev regarding this please?

Peter

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yes, we opened support case

I was on vacation when the community change happened, and the other SWO sysadmins hadn't seen this before.

Someone  thought it was a good idea to store the community in the jobengine v2 SDF database

0 Kudos

I honestly think the UDT support folks are sticking their fingers in their ears and making the la-la-la-la sound.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Richard, can you please send me the latest case number? Also, is it possible to have a quick meeting on the support topic? Let me please know the preferred date/time and I will prioritize it...

Thanks

Peter

0 Kudos