Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Level 8

Issue Vlan 1 - Alcatel Switch 6850.

Hello,

Does anyone has the following issue which seems to happen on Alcatel switchs only ?

This is an issue about the displayed VLAN numbers when I look at the UDT ports of a Alcatel switch.

Here is a real example to explain and show the issue:

First, I can check information on a connected PC:

The ipconfig shows an IP address starting by 10.20,
which means in our infra I'm clearly on VLAN 20.

Carte Ethernet Connexion au réseau local :

Suffixe DNS propre à la connexion. . . : administration.adm
   Description. . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-LM
   Adresse physique . . . . . . . . . . . : 64-00-6A-4F-AB-CD
   DHCP activé. . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Oui
   Configuration automatique activée. . . : Oui
   Adresse IPv6 de liaison locale. . . . .: fe80::91b:5520:d7dc:1c14%11(préféré)
   Adresse IPv4. . . . . . . . . . . . . .: 10.20.0.59(préféré)

I can also check on the switch (CLI) it's connected on that I see on port 27 my Mac Address on VLAN 20

JT-RDC-SW5-> show mac-address-table 1/27

Domain   Vlan/SrvcId        Mac Address            Type         Protocol     Operation          Interface

--------+--------------+---------------------+----------------+------------+--------------+------------------------

VLAN    20             00:0c:29:cc:xx:xx     learned          ---          bridging       1/27

VLAN    20             00:21:b7:2e:xx:xx     learned          ---          bridging       1/27

VLAN    20             48:4d:7e:f0:xx:xx     learned          ---          bridging       1/27

VLAN    20             64:00:6a:4f:ab:cd     learned          ---          bridging       1/27

Note: The port 27 is an access port which I see to be on VLAN 20 by the following command.

JT-RDC-SW5->
show
vlan port

vlan   port     type      status

------+-------+---------+-------------

20   1/27    default   forwarding

Everything looks consitent so far,
except, when I look at the UDT page of the switch, I see "Vlan 1" on the very right column

And the issue is that I see VLAN 1 on every ALCATEL access port (amongs hundreds switch, whatever the switch and whatever the port)

active port 1/27 10.20.0.x 64:00:6A:4F:AB:CD1
10.20.3.x48:4D:7E:F0:xx:xx1
10.20.7.x 00:21:B7:2E:xx:xx1
10.20.0.x EC:B1:D7:D9:xx:xx1

Whick makes the UDT module very not usefull
What is really frustrating is that I see however "1,20" (as follow) when I move the mouse over the port number, but not 20 (or at least 1,20) at the end of the column in the UDT Table.

pastedImage_32.png

Solarwinds support tells me that my switchs (Alcatel 6850) might not support the OID requested... but first I don't think I have control over this OID value,

and second I can't believe that more than 100 Alcatel switchs do not follow SW MID standard...

I knew that Solarwinds was not entirely compatible Alcatel, but for such a basic function I don't believe there's no solution.

Does anyone meet the same issue ?

If anyone has their Alcatel Switch 6850 working well with UDT,
I'll be more than happy to see that's working for somebody else.

Thank you everyone for your feedback.

Jean-Thierry

0 Kudos