cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Is UDT 3.4.0 broken?

Jump to solution

Since installing UDT 3.4.0, I have been having an issue with my Cisco 2960x series stacks.

On any of those stacks with more than 2 switches, I cannot get to the node page. I get one of two possible error messages:

The Controls collection cannot be modified because the control contains code blocks (i.e. <% ... %>)

or

"Request Timed Out"

Removing the ports from UDT seems to make this problem go away.

Anyone else notice this or no?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 12

While the symptoms are similar, I am not convinced that the resolutions found in the code block issue for UDT 3.2.2 are applicable here for UDT 3.4. However, if you go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Solarwinds\Orion\UDT and find DLLs dating back to 2015-2016, the referenced link might be helpful. If you look and the DLLs look current, please send me your support case number. Our team is working on this and I would like to track your cases.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Level 8

FYI - Support has sent me a new DLL which fixes the issue. I assume this will come out as a hotfix at some point.

Level 7

I'm having the same issue.

DM with support case no. is on the way

0 Kudos
Level 12

While the symptoms are similar, I am not convinced that the resolutions found in the code block issue for UDT 3.2.2 are applicable here for UDT 3.4. However, if you go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Solarwinds\Orion\UDT and find DLLs dating back to 2015-2016, the referenced link might be helpful. If you look and the DLLs look current, please send me your support case number. Our team is working on this and I would like to track your cases.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 7

I have read the 'Fix' article and I think that any fix that tells you "deleting the resource for port detail" from your page sorts/ resolves the problem is a not a real fix.  We need and use port details,  Not impressed with the solution, which isn't a solution it's ignoring the issue.  To mark the comment above as correct which is to delete the information from your page this is NOT A FIX.

0 Kudos

Excellent point - it may be the correct answer(at the moment), but is not a fix.

0 Kudos
Level 9

I have the same issue after upgrading to UDT 3.4 as part of an NPM 12.5 upgrade.

The fix in the article here works but UDT 3.4 is not listed as affected. Success Center

0 Kudos

Yes - I was about to post this morning that deleting the Port Details "fixed" the issue for me as well.

I am a little disturbed that I put in a support ticket Friday and have heard nothing back.

0 Kudos

Can you provide me the support case #? I will look into this.

0 Kudos

I have sent you a DM with the support case ref. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Level 8

As a follow up - apparently there is no way to downgrade UDT? I tried but it wouldn't let me continue.

Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off UDT globally vs unmonitoring all the interfaces?

0 Kudos