This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Is Port Speed/Duplex available in an UDT report

I know how to find speed/duplex once I put in an IP address of the host I looking for, but to save me from having to look through 800+ hosts to record the speed/duplex of the port (our locations are spread over 5-100+ acres), I was hoping to find this data in a field I can pump out a report of.

Even better, I'd like to report on all port speed and duplex when the port is in use and has a specific MAC manufacturer code.

Is this wishful thinking?

TYIA

Lee

• Hello Lee,

Have you checked the options in Report Writer? I just looked and see that one can find the Interface Speed, both Administrative Status and Operational Status, and Physical Address (MAC). I do not see Duplex, though.

Regards,

Joe

• If you can't do it with a normal report you could try creating a report using a custom table with SWQL as the datasource

Example SWQL 

SELECT DISTINCT

u.Node.Caption As Node,
    Name As Interface,
    PortDescription,

CASE
        WHEN Speed <= 100000000 THEN CONCAT(Speed/1000000,'MB')
        ELSE CONCAT(Speed/1000000000,'GB')
    END AS Speed,

CASE
        WHEN Duplex = 1 THEN 'Full'
        ELSE 'Half'
    END as Duplex,

CASE
        WHEN Trunkmode = 0 then 'Access'
        WHEN Trunkmode = 1 then 'Trunk'
        WHEN Trunkmode = 2 then 'Undefined'
        ElSE concat(TrunkMode)
    END AS TrunkMode,

CASE
        WHEN u.Endpoints.ConnectionType = 1 THEN 'Direct'
        WHEN u.Endpoints.ConnectionType = 2 THEN 'InDirect'
        ELSE concat(u.Endpoints.ConnectionType)
    END AS ConnectionType,

oui.Company AS Vendor,
    u.Endpoints.Endpoint.MACAddress AS EndPoint_MAC,
    u.Endpoints.Endpoint.IPAddresses.IPAddress AS EndPoint_IP,
    u.Endpoints.Endpoint.IPAddresses.DNSNames.DNSName AS EndPoint_DNS

FROM Orion.UDT.Port u
    LEFT JOIN Orion.UDT.OUIReport oui ON u.Endpoints.EndpointID = oui.EndpointID

WHERE IsMOnitored = TRUE -- Only display UDT Ports that are being monitored
    AND OperationalStatus = 1 -- Port Status = UP
    AND u.Endpoints.ConnectionType = 1 -- 1 = Direct, 2 = Indirect

• When I try to run this I get an error that the concat function requires 2 to 254 arguments. Total SQL noob, so no experience troubleshooting this. Any help would be awesome.

• That isn't a SQL report, it's SWQL.  Flip the radio button on the custom report to SWQL and it should execute better

The easiest way to recognize SWQL from SQL is the SWQL will have most table names starting with orion.something, SQL doesn't.

• I don't think UDT does get the Speed/Duplex.  i bet you need Network Performance Monitor to Get those data.  Once you have that, you can try the query above.