cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 12

Discovered Ports

Jump to solution

Not sure if i have done something wrong....

Once a switch has been scanned and discovered all the ports, during the 'import' it only determines which ports are monitored.

Unfortunately i have a lot of 6509's in a campus and therefore a lot of layer2 vlans which get added...

Is there a way i can remove these from being displayed?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Unfortunatley, there is no nice way to delete ports at present from UDT (without deleting the node from Orion, changing the UDT config file to remove the ifType for VLANs, then adding the node back in Orion and rediscover ports).

We’re looking at adding a delete port option soon.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Level 12

Hi Jeff,

Please see below, these are all layer2 vlans (along with another 100 or so) so this makes the pages extremely long...

0 Kudos

To delete a port, go to Port Management and switch from Nodes to Ports. Then you can select a port and click unmonitor.

There are some other things we are looking at to make this resource a little more manageable in the future.

0 Kudos

Hi Mav,

The port is already unmonitored. (see below)

My issue is that it still gets displayed as UDT has discovered it. From what i can see i cant delete discovered/unmonitored ports

0 Kudos

Unfortunatley, there is no nice way to delete ports at present from UDT (without deleting the node from Orion, changing the UDT config file to remove the ifType for VLANs, then adding the node back in Orion and rediscover ports).

We’re looking at adding a delete port option soon.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 12

Hi Jeff,

Sorry i may not have explained correctly. Un-monitoring them wasn't a problem.

I wanted to remove the vlan 'ports' completely?

0 Kudos

Can you provide a screen shot of what you're seeing and wanting to remove?

0 Kudos
Level 15

You can remove the ports from being monitored under the manage ports section on the settings page.

0 Kudos