cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

Delete/Remove devices from UDT ?

Hi,

We have several devices (Windows Servers etc) showing in "All UDT Nodes" that we cannot remove , how can we remove them ?

Regards

14 Replies

Click on the Manage Ports button in the All UDT Nodes view. Then find the devices you wish to delete out of UDT. Click in the little box to select it and click on the Delete button.

The "delete" option is greyed out.

Are you an admin in Solarwinds?

Yes am an Admin

Can you post up some screen shots?

Of the "stuck" devices ?

0 Kudos

Yes, just some screen shots showing where you are having the issue.

0 Kudos

So screen shot as requested. Essentially we keep getting servers added to UDT (which we don't want - I know this is a discovery issue) but struggle to remove them.

UDT.JPG

0 Kudos

Have now sorted !!, was running the SQL script against a copy of the D.B not the live one ......................

Thanks all , most appreciated.

Issue looked due to you not ticking a box next to the item.

Select the node/s and then you get the option as to what you wish to do to that selection

0 Kudos

Nope the issue is clearly a bug.  Im an admin and can remove everything except the windows devices!

I have this same issue today

Orion 2017.3.2 SP2

UDT 3.3.0

I ran the following to solve it

DELETE
FROM UDT_NodeCapability WHERE Capability IN ('2','3') AND NodeID IN (SELECT NodeID FROM NodesData WHERE Vendor = 'Windows'); 

DELETEFROM UDT_Port WHERE NodeID NOTIN (SELECT NodeID FROM UDT_NodeCapability); 

DELETEFROM UDT_Job WHERE NodeID NOTIN (SELECT NodeID FROM UDT_NodeCapability);

Thanks

Ken

0 Kudos

One of my clients had this issue a few months back and opened a ticket with SolarWinds, who responded with this SQL script (which assumes that you want to remove all Windows devices from UDT)

DELETE FROM UDT_NodeCapability WHERE Capability IN ('2','3') AND WHERE NodeID IN (SELECT NodeID FROM NodesData WHERE Vendor = 'Windows');

DELETE FROM UDT_Port WHERE NodeID NOT IN (SELECT NodeID FROM UDT_NodeCapability);

DELETE FROM UDT_Job WHERE NodeID NOT IN (SELECT NodeID FROM UDT_NodeCapability);

Hope that helps!

-ZackM

Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services

In some versions of SQL you will need to drop the second WHERE:

1. DELETE FROM UDT_NodeCapability WHERE Capability IN ('2','3') AND WHERE NodeID IN (SELECT NodeID FROM NodesData WHERE Vendor = 'Windows'); 

becomes

1. DELETE FROM UDT_NodeCapability WHERE Capability IN ('2','3') AND NodeID IN (SELECT NodeID FROM NodesData WHERE Vendor = 'Windows'); 

(SQL2012R2)