This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Clip domain from hostname

FormerMember
FormerMember

Please add global option to Advanced Settings to clip domain name from host name in all UDT resources and local option on Port Details Resource .  The Port Details looks very sloppy using FQDN.  The FQDN causes all the data to run together.

• Great request rgward. I've seen this with other customers as well. I've logged the feature request.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to mavturner

Thanks Mav.  Giving the FR additional thought, it would be a good to allow the Host Name column to wrap too (like in several NPM resources) because, in our case, we network device host names are long too without the domain name and would likely cause the data to run together as well. 

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Well mav, looks like an option to clip the domain from the hostname didn't make it in 2.0.  This resource really looks sloppy due to the domain name shifting the columns.  Only improvement in 2.0 I see with this resource is there is now a 1-char blank separator between each column of data so the data doesn't run together anymore.  That's a good thing.  Thanks for at least fixing that.  It would be great if this option could be given some priority in the next release.