This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Can UDT integrate with Cisco ISE?

Hi, can UDT integrate with Cisco ISE so that when anybody login into the network device, it will be log inside the UDT?

Thanks,

Jinqiang

• Hi,

I am not clear what your use case here is, as unsure if you mean logins to the device CLI or that something is connected.

If the former, that is not something that UDT is designed to capture, as that is more of a SIEM solution or at least Syslog or use of NCM to track the configuration changes users apply.

With UDT capturing data used in NAC solutions such as hardware, IP, DNS and Username of a device attached to a switch port, this may be of use, but we need clarity on what you are trying to achieve.

• Hi Robert,

I understand in UDT you can add a Active Directory to track user logins, but that is more for Windows server. So is it possible to add a Cisco ISE to track user logins for network devices instead?

Thanks,

Jinqiang

• OK, so I understand what you are trying to achieve.

No, there is no native support for you to capture login data from Cisco ISE, only Windows AD is supported. I have had a look and there are no API verbs that you can leverage to perform this function via the Orion API either I am afraid.

Time for you to create a feature request I would suggest.

• The Cisco ISE platform is a comprehensive, next-generation, contextually-based access control solution that offers exceptional visibility and control to ensure a highly secure enterprise and efficiently enforce security policy across an entire distributed network. The Cisco ISE offers authenticated network access, profiling, posture, and guest management along with monitoring, reporting and troubleshooting capabilities on a single physical or virtual appliance. The Cisco ISE enables scalable and flexible enforcement mechanisms leveraging existing identity-aware network infrastructure, and ships on a wide range of physical appliances with different performance settings to address multiple deployment requirements.