cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chuco187
Level 9

Re: Alert me when a new MAC address appears into network

Thanks Mike! Yeah I figured it out right after I sent this. But I am seeing where the variables aren't working as expected. I will keep trying to figure it out until it works.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
michalB
Level 14

What variables aren't working?

0 Kudos
gandhi
Level 8

In UDT 3.1, NodeID variable is renamed to DeviceID in both New MAC and Rogue MAC Alert. Please edit the Trigger action with DeviceID variable and check for the data.NewMACAlert_MacroVariable.PNG

mjkvern
Level 8

I do not see this as an option for us under the alert names. I clicked the "Alert Manager" and I do not see this as an option. Anyone have the settings so that I can generate this new?

0 Kudos
donrobert5
Level 12

Because that was the old alert manager.  The screenshot is from a time the alert manager needs to be run on the server as it is a 32 bit Application.  Now it should be done via the web console.

It looks different but runs on the same logic.  Furthermore, the new MAC address alert is a canned alert.  You just have to activate it and modify the alert actions.

mjkvern
Level 8

Can you please tell me where I can find this canned alert? I looked through the canned alerts and did not see this one.

0 Kudos